Type of Information We Collect about You
- Information that you provide. We collect any information that you choose to provide to us through the posting of your comments, the submission of other content, and/or the completion of subscription requirements. The information may include your name, e-mail address, year of birth, gender, occupation, zip code, country, mailing address, credit card number and/or other billing information.
- Automated information. We collect information about your computer or mobile device and online activities, automatically when you access the Services, with technologies commonly used both on the Internet and on mobile devices. The information collected from your computer may include your IP address, which pages you have visited in the Site, and the page, if any, that referred you to the Site. The information collected from your mobile device may include information about the type of mobile device you use or your device identifier.
- Location information. We may collect information about your geographic location independent of the information that you directly provide to us by using, for example, the GPS feature of your mobile device or of your IP address.In order to keep your geographic location private, you can disable the function in which we collect information about your location, upon first usage of the Services. In the case of your mobile device, you can also disable the location search function later, that is, if your mobile device allows you to change the settings after initial download. Please be aware that disabling the geographic location function may prevent you from using certain features of the Services that require location information.
We may combine the information that we collect on the Site with information that we obtain from other sources, such as from our shareholders, management team, affiliates, business partners and service providers, past or present. For example, we may ask a service provider to supply us with demographic information or updated contact information about you, such as if you move offices and/or residences.
How We Use the Information We Collect about You
We use the information that we collect about you as follows:
- To respond to your requests, queries and comments;
- To provide you with the products and/or services that you request;
- To perform invoicing and payment activities, manage your account, and advise you of your account status (including confirm your subscription and send notices of subscription expiration);
- To inform you about any developments in HomelandVoice.com or of other products or services that we feel might interest you;
- To conduct research and data analysis on information that you provide to us upon registration, in surveys and in other activities throughout your use of our Services; information such as gender, age, occupation, location, interests and behavior that are helpful to us in publishing content, operating our Services, and performing other purposes, also in connection with our advertising, described below;
- To perform business analyses or other activities (e.g. surveys, questionnaires, etc.) to improve the quality and mix of our Services;
- To deliver targeted advertising, as described below;
- As we believe is necessary to protect our rights and the rights of others; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
With Whom We Share the Information We Collect about You
We may share the information that we collect about you through the Services with any of the following:
- Authorized service providers that assist us in providing the Services or in performing other business functions, such as but not limited to sending e-mails or hosting web services (these service providers are not allowed to use personally identifiable information that we provide for any purpose other than to provide service to us);
- Corporate affiliates;
- Pre-identified outside entities engaged to implement any of our promotional activities;
- Selected third parties for direct marketing purposes, although you may direct us at the outset and at no cost to you not to share personally identifiable information that we have collected about you for direct marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Legal counsel and representatives of government or regulatory agencies in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; in response to requests for cooperation by law enforcement or other government agency; or to enforce or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Appropriate entities or individuals when we believe it is worthwhile to look into, avoid or take action on any suspected or proven illegal or fraudulent activity, or as otherwise required by law;
- Appropriate entities or individuals to enforce our User Agreement and other agreements, or to protect or defend our rights or property or the rights or property of others, or the safety of the public;
- Appropriate entities or individuals in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Note that we share information about you in compiled or other non-personally identifiable form. If you participate in social features on the Services, such as by commenting on a story or chatting with other users, any information that you post will become public. It may become accessible through search engines or, if you sign in using credentials from a third-party social networking service, to users on that service. Unless otherwise noted, we do not limit the distribution of information that you share using these features.
How We Select the Advertisements to Show You on the Services
We cover some of the cost of providing the Services by displaying advertisements that are targeted to users that meet the advertiser’s criteria. However, we do not provide the advertiser with information uniquely identifiable to the individuals who receive the ads. The targeted ads on the Services may be provided by us, or they may be provided by a third-party vendor. You can learn more about targeted ads, including how to opt out of receiving them, below.
We sometimes partner with third parties that operate platforms that you can use to access our content. For example, you can sign up for a subscription to HomelandVoice.Com on your Android smart phone or on your Apple iPad.
Similarly, we include in some of our Services features that integrate with third-party social networking services, which will entail inclusion in our web pages of apps code from the social networking service provider. This code may allow the service provider to collect information about your activities on the Services. If you are logged into the social networking service at the time, the service provider may also be able to identify you in connection with that information.
How We Protect the Information that You Provide
We have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect through the Services and in connection with HomelandVoice.com subscriptions. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us via the Services.
How we Treat Information Collected from Children Younger than 13 Years Old
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database promptly.
How we Use “Cookies” on the Services
You may change the setting on your browser to opt-out of the browser cookies delivered through the Services. The result of this is that all cookies delivered to your browser will be disabled, not just the ones that we deliver, and that you may not be able to use all of the Services if you do not allow the placement of cookies. Also, opting out of browser cookies will not disable other technologies that we may use to collect information from you.
You also can opt out of receiving information stored in Adobe Local Shared Objects, which are commonly referred to as “Flash cookies.” You can find more information about Local Shared Objects and how to disable them on Adobe’s website at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/526/52697ee8.html.
Options Available to You regarding Our Use of your Information
Email messages. If you do not wish to receive promotional materials from us through your email, you may email us at email@example.com. Please note that, even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still contact you to provide you with non-commercial messages, such as billing or legal notices. Also, if you opt out, we may not provide to you non-promotional material, such as our emailed newsletters and other content.
Targeted advertising. If you would prefer not to receive advertisements through the Services that are targeted to your interests, you may inform our advertising vendor, Google, Inc., of your preference by clicking the “Opt out” button at http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. You also can manage your advertising preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Sometimes, our advertisers will contract with a third-party service to host their ads. In this case, an ad-serving vendor contacts the advertisers’ hosting service to obtain a particular advertisement. Because we do not have a relationship with these third parties, we do not have a mechanism to allow visitors to opt out of tracking by these vendors.
Sharing of information collected online. If you would like to opt out of our sharing of personal information that we collect about you through the Services, you can make that request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining your request, and providing your name and email address. Please understand that it may take us a reasonable amount of time to cancel your registration after we receive your request and that your cancellation will not apply to our uses of information about you prior to our receipt of the request. If you make a cancellation request, you should not access the Services again, since we may not be able to preserve your opt-out preferences if you continue to access the Services after we cancel your registration.